The Extended Hans Madsen Family
The Hans Madsen Family is a bit complicated because of multiple marriages and children of "outside parentage".
- Hans Madsen first married Louisa Tetzner and then Maria Sørensen.
- Both women had previous children.
- Louisa's son August was officially adopted by Hans Madsen.
- In the case of Maria's two children, Hans indicated that he would be pleased to have them sealed to him and Maria, and this was done.
Represented at the family reunion are three branches:
- Madsen-Tetzner: the descendants of children born to Hans and Louisa
- Madsen-Sørensen: the descendants of children born to Hans and Maria
- Lauper: the descendants of of Maria's daughter, Emma Lauper
At the lower portion of this page, the three branches are represented with photographs, a listing of the original children of that branch, and the members of the generation of that branch living today. You can find "where you fit" by finding the name of your ancestor in the bottom-most row.
NOTE 1: this page is not meant to be an exhaustive pedigree and listing of descendants, but only to establish a general framework.
NOTE 2: Prior to his marriage to Maria Sorensen, Hans Madsen participated in another polygamous marriage to Johanna Nielsen, in 1885. However, Johanna only lived for a few months following their marriage.